Thursday, February 9, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part B

Notes: 
  • I found that it was rather interesting that they had an intermission in this! It made it kind of funny because something like this doesn't even need an intermission.
  • In addition to that, the "actors" were just walking around chilling with each other.
  • Going through this little movie, I didn't know that the little story in the background between Nina and Dave was based on the creator's own love story. 
  • I guess that's why she made the ending so sad for Sita and Rama 
  • For a man who claimed to love Sita so much, why did Rama want her to be banished 
  • The animation of where Sita sleeps in the bed with Rama and it was snowing, it really shows that he was giving her the "cold shoulder"
  • the animation really shows the jealous part of humanity really well whenever Rama was thinking that Sita had slept with Ravana and got pregnant so much so that he was making up his own reality 
  • I guess Sita had been the one who had recounted the tale of Rama that made the Ramayana? 
  • OMG THE TWIN'S PRAISE OF RAMA SONG IS SO CATCHY
  • the argument between the narrators about Sita's unconditional love was hilarious too 
    • because in reality, I feel like men and women see from different perspectives, which is shown really well here
  • The ending where she was swallowed my Mother Earth was honestly kind of depressing
    • made me lose faith in love
    • maybe I should write a sad love story now

Picture of Rama crying because he lost Sita. 
Screenshot by me. Source: Sita Sings the Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment