Monday, February 20, 2017

Reading Notes: Narayan's Mahabharata Part A

  • It's always a good choice to read Narayan's version of these tales! Just like the Ramayana, it seems like this story has different versions written by so many different authors. 
  • Judging from the list of characters, it seems that there are so many. I wish there weren't as many characters because it makes it harder to get the whole plot because you have a ton of people you have to look up while reading. 
  • I'm kind of put off by the situation with Draupadi... however, it's a little more understandable since it was back back in the day... but I figured it would make more sense if it was a harem instead of the other way around. 
  • Maybe I could write a story about her and put a "Bachelorette" spin on it haha 
    • this is actually a really good idea
    • I've always loved how dramatic the intros of the Bachelor/Bachelorette are
    • This will be fun to write if I can make it comedic and dramatic enough
Draupadi with her husbands in the background.

Bibliography: R.K. Narayan's Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment