Monday, February 6, 2017

Famous Last Words: Week 3

The reading for this week went a little bit smoother. I decided to read Narayan's version of the Ramayana, which was so so so much easier to read than the public domain edition of the book. I think it was because Narayan put it into a novel-form whereas the public domain edition had many different styles of stories. It took me a lot less time to read Narayan's version because I had to look up so many words in the PDE. Although I am up for a good challenge, I think I would rather work more efficiently at the same time. For future readings, I hope to read the novel versions of the story so that I can enjoy them more. 

My best writing was definitely the week 3 story. At first, I felt a little bit unsure of the quality, but after reading others' comments about my story, I grew to be a little more proud of it. It's so easy to criticize your own work, but when you see it through the eyes of another, it really helps develop your confidence because you can also see the good in it as well as the bad. I did experiment with the story this week by entirely changing the setting, but I do have a little trouble keeping the story short, so I hope to work on that. 

This past week, I had the chance to go down to Texas and visit some students at UNT and eat some Korean BBQ. If you don't know what KBBQ is, definitely look it up because it is absolutely amazing. It was a fun experience and even though I was hesitant to go because of my classes, I am glad I went. 

For next week, I hope to catch up some more in my other classes since I have had a hectic schedule lately. 

Picture of Korean barbecue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment