Monday, January 30, 2017

Tech Tip: Canvas Calendar

The best thing about Canvas I discovered so far was definitely the Calendar. D2L had something similar, but it was much less intuitive and many instructors did not regularly update it. With Canvas, the assignments are updated as soon as they are posted and I like that it crosses out assignments you have already submitted or are done with, which is helpful. The fact that it lays everything out so beautifully makes it easier for me to update my physical planner too!

I already use digital calendars and I like Apple's calendar the most due to the ease of use. Since I use both Apple and Android products, I had trouble making sure the calendars were synced on my phone, laptop, and iPad. However, I was able to use an app that allows me to sync my Apple calendar directly to my cell phone. I think that with the export option on Canvas, it will really help me out in the future to know what assignments are due once every professor switches to this new platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment