Sunday, January 22, 2017

Famous Last Words: The Last First Week of Classes

The first week of classes went relatively smoothly, so yay! I got full participation point in one of my classes that requires a lot of public speaking and that makes me happy because I am not comfortable speaking freely about my thoughts yet. Even though it was mainly introduction of self and a simple topic, it felt like a milestone to me!

All of my professors this semester are women for the first time ever! They are very nice as well so I'm glad. There's not much going on yet since this was only the first week, but I know that in the weeks to come, more and more assignments will build up. I hope to get a head start on most of my classes so as not to stress myself too much in the middle of the semester. I also managed to finish all of Indian Epics homework along with the extra credit assignments. It never hurts to get extra points!

I haven't exactly done a lot of reading and writing as of yet. For my first story, it was a repost of my story from Mythology & Folklore and one that I was quite proud of. I hope that my group members enjoyed reading it and that it inspired them to love their parents even more!

Next week, I am planning on buying a FitPass since they're on sale ($15 off!) and start exercising more. My mum always tells me that although it is important to learn and do well in classes, your health needs to be the top priority because if you're too sick to study, then you won't be able to do anything else. I want to try out the yoga, hip hop, and Zumba classes that OU offers at the gym! Hopefully I can make it into a habit for the rest of my life since I've been sedentary for a long period so far.

Image of a T-Rex chasing a person. "Exercise. Some motivation required." meme.
Best Exercise Memes. Source: Flab2Fitness.net.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I totally understand what you mean about the public speaking. I am horrified to speak in front of others. Even if it is just the "tell us your name, your major, blah blah blah." I'm trying to get ahead too. I did all the extra credit too! I am hoping to get done with this class as early as possible. (probably why I am commenting on more of your stuff haha). That's awesome that you are getting a FitPass! I got a gym membership to Planet Fitness a month or so ago and have been going 2-3 a week. It's hard sometimes but I have definitely noticed a difference in my energy and I've lost a few pounds already! I'm trying to get that summer bod haha! I enjoyed your story and hopefully your semester goes well!

    ReplyDelete