Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites

There is a great variety of beautiful storybooks under Indian Epics. These 3 were the ones that caught my eye and piqued my interest the most!

Storybook 1: "Through the Page: One Girl's Journey" by Grant Schatzman

When I first clicked on the storybook link, I was surprised to see an amazing layout that the author created using a Wix site. The navigation, layout, images, and everything--absolutely perfect. The majority of the other storybooks had utilized Google sites, which of course, works very well for our intended purposes. However, I found that the wix site allowed for a much more aesthetically pleasing look and added a mysterious touch to the storybook in general. I would like to look into this in the future for my own storybook. I am not familiar with the story, but I enjoyed how it was introduced. The tone was rather casual and easy to read. The use of first person point of view also made it a more personal experience.




The images above are screenshots of the images found in storybook favorite 1.
Link to the storybook: Through the Page.

Storybook 2: "Love Through the Eyes of Nature" by Nikki Smith

The design and layout of this site is rather common and it is simple to navigate, which I like. What caught my eye was the title of the introduction that mentioned "Gossip Squirrel." I was confused as to what a gossip squirrel was and soon realized that it was alluding to the Gossip Girl series. And of course, being a fan of Gossip Girl during my younger years, proceeded to enjoy myself as I read the introduction. I like that the author took a modern twist to the stories she chose and I may do that myself. I also like her titles for each of her stories which very much mimicked the original GG series.

Storybook 3: "Not Myself

This storybook, like the second one I chose, was also created using Google sites. However, it used a different color scheme. I realize that I can change the colors of the site to match the theme and atmosphere of my own storybook in the future. At first glance, the introduction was rather simple until I realized that the author chose to write the stories in a patient-doctor point of view. As a person who enjoys scientific experiments and studies, this was interesting because not often does one see a story written in a way that portrays a medical point of view to tell a story. I really liked that and found that it was quite creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment