Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

After pondering my mindset, I have come to realize that I compartmentalize a lot. In some classes, I tend to go above and beyond, but in others, I do the bare minimum. Looking at the different dimensions of growth, I feel like half of me is growth and half of me is fixed at this moment in my life. I wish I could say I had an entirely growth mindset.

I think my strengths in my classes are that I always try to do work that I will be proud of. Yet, I want to do it in a way that is the moment efficient so I can get it over with quickly, so sometimes, I have to give up quality for time. I think that comes with college though because you have to prioritize to make sure everything is at least done in a timely manner.

Due to the flexible nature of Indian Epics, I have the luxury of working at my own pace for the most part. I think this will help me build on my weaknesses because through this class, I can practice my internal motivation to do my best work. Like most, I am focused on the grades mostly. It's just that there are some fields that require a good GPA to get into the school (like med, PA, nursing, pharm, law, etc.). This isn't something that is necessarily good because there are people (like me sometimes) that will focus on getting the grade rather than retaining the information. As much as I love to learn, there has been more than one occasion where I have forgotten all of the material after an exam is over. I wish that wasn't the case, though.

I think for the rest of this semester, I will focus on doing things earlier. I already have been doing it a little. Whenever I have exams coming in the next week, I would try to finish my assignments a week early. I would like to do this all the time, however.

The 2% Mindset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment